Our family is blended. We celebrate both Jewish feasts and holidays as well as evangelical holidays. It hasn't always been easy, but it does bring us peace in our home to embrace our Messiah, Jesus, in all of these beautiful traditions.
So, we bring you our family's tradition of Spring Baskets, not Easter baskets. Easter just isn't our thing. We do enjoy Resurrection Sunday as well as Passover as a family. We see the amazing way God wove His plan through all of the Bible and we want our children to love who they are and how God designed their family story.
While we aren't into big baskets of fake grass and chocolate eggs, we are into giving to our children generously. We know that God also gives big and freely.
"Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures."
In our baskets, we gift items we know that our boys can use and love in the coming seasons (Spring & Summer). We hope you find some inspiration for your own crew among these.
Little people Spring Basket ideas
Spring Basket ideas for the naturalist
3. Lifestraw (there was a phenomenal deal on a 4 pack of these at Costco)
4. Two person hammock (we own one for each family member, they are fabulous)
Spring Basket ideas for the learner
1. Analog watch (with girl & boy designs)
Water child spring basket ideas
1. Collapsible bucket & shovels (3 pack)
4. Water blasters (we often find these at Dollar Tree)
Spring Basket ideas for creators
1. Origami kit
4. Cross stitch kids' kit (both girl & boy options)
Spring Basket ideas for builders
1. Magnetic blocks all of my sons LOVE these
5. 3D pen kit
Treats & Fillers
1. Organic lip balm (I split these between the baskets)
6. Transformable spiral twister (6 pack)
Spring basket ideas for adventurers
1. Bow & arrow complete set (we have owned this for 3 years and it is used often)
2. Water shoes
3. Owala water bottle (DO NOT leak, we have had ours for 2 years)
Hubby spring basket ideas
3. Guitar shelf
5. Grill tools
While it isn't necessary to give a huge set of gifts, or any gifts during this time of year...our family hopes you found a few special items that will help you remind those you care about how much you love them and are thinking of them. Similarly, our Father in Heaven is thinking of us and loves us! Don't step away from the real reason we celebrate Resurrection Sunday and Passover! Check out our simple way you can have a Passover Seder with your family this year.